- 4 LBs Maris Otter (double milled)
- .25 LBs Briess Crystal 40L (double milled)
- .25 LBs Briess Crystal 80L (double milled)
- 1 tsp Burton salts (try to find a smaller bag)
- 2 oz of East Kent Goldings hops
- 1 package of Safale S-04
On brew day I used my ANOVA Sous Vide cooker to get about 2.5 gallons of water heated to 151F. The ANOVA is kind of an expensive way to brew, but it makes holding a steady temperature so easy. Good for making perfectly cooked meat as well!
|Heating the mash water, bag o' grains in the back|
I mashed for about 2 hours, and at the end I increased the temperature to 170F and held there for about 15 minutes. During this the wort progressed from quite light to a lovely dark color. I stirred it several times and added a bit of extra water (about 5 cups).
|Near the start|
|Near the end|
|Getting every last drop of wort|
|My fermentation chamber/keezer|
Edit: A link to the future! Go directly to the tasting!