Monday, July 13, 2015

Pints: A Full Keezer Again

After a horrible month or two of having to go out and buy beer like a savage, I finally have my keezer fully stocked with delicious liquid refreshment. 

The ESB-ish thing I made the other week was just connected to gas tonight.  I am following the Brülosophy Quick Carb schedule for it, which I have had respectable results with in the past.  Didn't take any pictures of it...not much to see at this point in any case.

I have another 2.5 gallon keg with a batch of Danger Dave's Dragon Blood wine.  I will be doing a post about it soon, but I gotta say how impressed I am with it, at least with the color. 

Crystal clear, with a gorgeous ruby red color.  Flavor wise it isn't bad, I dare say its even relatively good.  A little tart for my tastes, and a bit of harshness.  I pulled off 6 clear swing top bottles worth for various reasons; mostly for gifts.  It's much better than my first attempt at wine from about a year ago though.  That batch was basically cloudy prison hooch that tasted like cloyingly sweet, fruity rubbing alcohol and threatened to explode in the bottle.  What a change proper temperature control, yeast nutrient, aeration, blah, blah, blah can make!

My final keg is my 5 gallon one...filled with W00tStout.  A 13% ABV monster of a beer.  I've been dying to try this one since I poured it into the fermentors (had to split the batch) in February.  Finally, it nears completion.  I've tasted a bit of it cold but flat as it's carbing up (which is taking a while...).  Very complex, but its a little hard to drink.  Given how thick it is, it might not have attenuated fully.  I'll do a full review and write up of the process once it is ready. 

One last picture: my keezer/fermentation chamber in keezer mode.

It's a tight fit, but it works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment